Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage SVT Update- It works!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Sep 2, 2002.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Woohoo! After a few months of setbacks and delays, I finally got my SVT back from the shop! Some of you might remember the thread I posted when I got this amp, wondering whether or not it was worth it to fix it up. Hoo boy, was it ever!

Man, this amp is loud, and does it sound GOOD. Light years beyond by old Peavey. (Which is what I was expecting.) Heavy as a mofo, but well worth the weight/wait. And how cool are the grill covers? It doesn't get more 70's than that. The cab is kind of overkill for my current playing situations, so I'm thinking of hunting down a 4x10 for more reasonable lifting requirements. (It's a flat back with no wheels... oy.)

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but I'm pretty damn excited about this. :cool:

Mucho thanks to Psycho Bass Guy, who was very helpful throughout this whole situation, and everyone who offered advice before. :)
    [​IMG]

2. I knew you'd like it! The head looks just like mine, mid 70's or so. That's some crazy grill cloth! yow. it's giving me vertigo! If you're finding the 810 a pain, you should have a look at the SVT 410HLF. I'm using one with my SVT and it sounds great. A bit more low end than the 810, but not quite as punchy, because it's ported.

You're now officially a member of the "Geez my back hurts, but I've got great tone" club. :D

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I bet the membership card has a chiropractor's card on the back side. ;)