1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Traynor

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Sep 19, 2008.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I have a chance to pick up an early 70s traynor yba 4. This one's a 1x15 all tube combo. I know most people prefer it as a guitar amp but I'm more in the market for tone than volume. what's most interesting to me is that it has an external speaker jack, which i could run to my 8ohm 1x18 cab for some extra sound.
    I'm going to check it out tomorrow night. I was just wondering what you guys thought about them. Any experience with these?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The kid next door to me had one. I tried it out with my bass. It had a nice sound. Not a lot of volume of course, but it'd be fine for quiet groups, recording or at home noodling. He sold it and got a Marshall. Kids today don't know anything.

3. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    Go for it, those old traynors are very solid. If it's a tube amp, they have decent sounding circuits.

4. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    cool thanks. I'll let you guys know how it goes. please keep the opinions and insights coming

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Check all the comments and cool pictures of old Traynor gear on the threads here. Read the traynor Club ones. Traynors are legends. And remember--those are "vintage watts" they put out. :)

6. My very first bass amp was a '74' 50 watt Traynor bass head w/15" Traynor speaker cab. It was actually quite decent.