Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

vintage tube amp find!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Jun 17, 2003.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    found this at a local music-go-round... it's actually an all-tube PA system that was modded with a hi-z for instrument inputs. it's not super loud but its really thick and creamy at lower volume! runs off of 3 6L6's, 2 12au7's, and four 12ax7's and with the 2 xlr inputs reamining it could serve as a great recording device... by running preamps and or amps through oit and mic'ing the cab... gonna give it a retube eventually but for now it's vintage thump paired with the avatar 115 in the bedroom! :eek: :cool:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    it's a dukane, by the way... never heard of it myself.

:bassist:

3. You can read a great article on modding PA amps here: Modding PA Amplifiers

The author actually uses a Dukane to perform the mod. Everything that you want to know about what lives inside there.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You oughtta have the case chromed. It'd look like a giant toaster. Bitchen.

BTW, that link above is bitchen.

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    thanks for the link oddio... it should be very helpful in the future! ;) :D

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whoa...nice head...cool looking. What's up with the titty-hands? That's rated PG-13.

brad cook

7. Cool man. That's weird that it has (3) 6L6's in it. They usually come in even numbers. One of the big tubes is probably a 5U4G or something like that.

Here's some Dukane schemes. May be yours?

http://www.triodeel.com/schindex.htm

Chris

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    thanks again throbb... i'll have to look into it. i have yet to open her up and really see what the tubes actually are. i am going solely on what's next to them on the chasis. but you may be right, one of them is shaped differently tahn the others (differnt brand or model? i don't know) and when it comes to power tubes, i need all the assistance i can get! :D