1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage V940 VS Squire Vintage Modified Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Mar 14, 2008.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Was wondering which is much better in turn of sound, build quality etc.

Both is pretty much same price over here in UK. I'm looking for a fretless to practice on to improve my ear listening etc.

I like the vintage one because the fretboard look nice and it seems to be good to practice on but the sound on the Squire will be much better i guess.

Hard to decide which one.

2. Play them both to be honest, we can't tell you what will be better for you, but I can say that the VM pretty much floors every other bass in it's price bracket IMO.

3. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    the vintage basses are great they have decent wilkinson hard ware and pickups. id go for the vintage

4. i have a vintage p bass copy, not sure what model, but its awesome you get good parts and hardware for your money and the build quality is high, definately try both out but you cant really go wrong with the vintage, i also use the same amp as you :D

5. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, planning to try them out tomorrow.

The good thing is i got some a set of delano P pup and jazz pup spare so if do get the vintage one i can always replace the stock pup if i ever needed.

6. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I've try both basses today and i really like the Squire fretless.
    Didn't expect the Squire VM fretless is built this good and the sound is wonderful straight out on the shelf. But small adjustment will be good.

Went to the shop today and saw the Squire VM on the shelf, took it down and plugged in on a Trace combo and one word to describe the bass "Wow".

stock pickup sound wonderful already so probably won't need to change them and the electronic is very quiet. I play neck or bridge pup on its own and i can't hear any hum at all. I can dial in sound i like from rock to jazz.

Overall very nice bass. i think i will buy it in the future since i need to spend money to change my jazz bass stock pickup.

7. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006