1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage V940B Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Astronomer, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Vintage V940B?

There was no output from it today, so I took the back cover off and checked the battery - it was fine. Then I noticed that the red lead from the battery +ve side was kinked back on itself and the insulation stripped to leave about a 3mm "point" of bare wire. I can't see any obviously broken solder joints, and there's no empty terminals in the multiplug or EQ block.

I wiggled the wire about a bit and it's working again, but I'm worried that this red lead should go somewhere.

Many thanks in advance! :)

2. kipsus

kipsus Physicist

Sep 18, 2005
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Got a V940FL, the wiring is a mess, just got rid of it :)
    Anyway, recheck all suspicious wires and resolder/change wires/put some electric tape where necessary

3. Cheers kipsus! :) Yeah, I may rip out all the electronics and re-do it from scratch. I'm sure I can make it simpler and a lot tidier than it is.

I could draw a wiring diagram myself, but I'd much rather see an "original".

Oh well, onward with the quest.... :)