1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vintage Washburn p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hydrohydra, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    you are looking at the first bass Washburn ever produced...the Scavenger. Pretty heavy from what the owners say. Not a bad bass though. This particular one is also being offered by another vendor at a different price and from another city!. I reported this to eBay and posted about it a couple days ago here in this forum. This guy 5black4, as suggested by another TB'er, may be the rightful owner and the other vendor, slug204, may have highjacked his offer and sells at a lower price OR the two vendors could be in cahoots. Slug204, I notice, is presenting pictures of this same bass, but one picture is from a different angle---so it may be both vendors are in cahoots and it is all a rip-off. Who knows? But enough there to warrant steering clear of it. OMG, AND NOW ITS ALSO ON CRAIGSLIST TOO!!! What city?
    Other than that, about ANY Washburn from 1978-1984 is considered a real vintage AND EXCELLENT bass. I urge you to keep looking and then join the Washburn club here.