Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage Yamaha Diversity Wireless, 20hz to 10K

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gfab333, Jul 3, 2005.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vintage Yamaha diversity wireless system; WXY-05U transmitter and receiver. Excellent frequency response for 5 & 6 strings basses - 20hz to 10k. includes new 9 volt battery.

Transmitter has battery indicator LED, battery on/off switch, and compartment for one 9-volt battery. It comes with a leather case which allows it to be attached to your guitar strap or waist belt.

Receiver: front panel has power on/off switch, diversity indicator LEDs for antenna A & B, and 1/4" output jack.

Sold as-is. I bought this unit "USED" several years ago. It is in good working order. Price $40, shipping and insurance is extra. Shipping cost dependent on buyer's desired method of shipping ( USPS, UPS, FedEx).

USA buyers only, no personal checks or credit cards; no exceptions. Paypal is preferred. Please feel free to email with any questions.

[​IMG]

2. I'd like to call dibs on this if you don't mind allowing me to check my finances by the end of today.

3. PMed

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    FYI: USPS Priority Mail shipping cost is estimated at about $21 including insurance (Los Angeles to NY).

5. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    If that guy doesn't buy it, let me know. I have a couple friends that would probably be interested in this.

6. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    AlmightPancake is going to pass on this, so it's back on the market!

It will go to Ebay if I don't sell it this week. :D

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    How well does this work at long distances? do you have a FT range that it works well without cutting out

8. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    This is an older model and the owner's manual actually does not state the operating range of the unit. From the practical standpoint, I've used it on large stages and even jumped off the stage down onto the dance floor for a bass solo with no problem at all. also used it for sound checks, and I'd say that I walked out about 100+ feet and was able to play with no cut outs. There's no problem with reception on stage, you don't have to necessarily be "line of sight" to the receiver. however, I did notice that you need to have a "line of sight" to the receiver at longer ranges.

Keep in mind that this was state of the art technology from the late 1980s, that's why I call it "vintage". It works fine and has excellent frequency response, but it may not work as well as your top of the line X wire.

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sold. Thanks for looking.

:cool: :) :cool: