1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD VINTAGE YAMAHA PB1 bass preamp made in Japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mb94952, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Made at the Nippon Gakki factory in Japan, the Yamaha PB1 is one of the BEST bass preamps ever made.

It has been consistently compared the Alembic F1-X bass preamp.

These are known for their reliability, fast attack, warm tone, versatility, crystal clarity, and just overall amazing tone.

If you're reading this, then you probably already know it. If you've never heard of it, don't take my word for it. These things sounds incredible.

So, if you're into the whole Pre / Power thing, this is your BEST bet.

[DEL]$350[/DEL] $299 shipped TB price. Comes with power cord, too.
    CHASE QUICK PAY preferred (no fees) and Pay Pal ok, too.

YamahaPB-1andGB-1001.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1014.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1003.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1004.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1005.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1006.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1007.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1008.
    YamahaPB-1andGB-1010.

2. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Just a couple years ago these were going for $100. They were like that for years... I don't think I see them for less than this now.

3. mb94952

I remember those days, too. That was also when you could get a used Peavey Cirrus for $400-$500, too.

4. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    1994 I bought a '76 Ric for $495 + tax, used of course. I saved up and bought it in three weeks.

Okay I'll stop now! :D

5. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Superior bass preamp by the way... I'm surprise it's taken this many years to bring the price up to reasonable! Still a total score.

6. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

I'm amazed that people compare this to the Alembic, I owned both for a bit. The Alembic was overly rich tubey, beautiful sound but not something you'd want to take to most gigs whereas the Yamaha you can use for anything, nice firm sound in the mix when set flat and ridiculously adjustable beyond that. I can't imagine that there is much/any similarity in their circuits...off to Google

7. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Funny, I don't really hear the similarity either. Good description of the differences... the Yammy is very utility in that best of ways, but does not give that tube thing... it's a lot more flexible however.

8. mb94952

New TB price

9. mb94952

ON hold today pending payment ...

10. mb94952

SOLD to TB'er marcau for $250 shipped. Another TB classified success story !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.