Vintage YBA1 Bassmaster Traynor

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by kb0pvd, Aug 22, 2000.

1. kb0pvd

Aug 22, 2000
    This is a 1974 bass head, also suitable for guitar. Uses a pair of 6CA7's, nice sound for jazz. Can be beefed up if you are technically minded. Great for small gigs. 40-50 watts. Have used it for a spot monitor amp. $95 plus shipping.
  2. This is an old posting, Is the amp still available ?
  3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    ... you have to be kidding right ?
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno, I got a recent bump on a thread almost exactly this old. It was like, 5 years almost to the day. (26th of 05, post was made on the 22nd of 00).
  5. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I'd have to agree. This one's gotta be long gone.

This I don't agree with. This amp isn't just for little gigs. It's a monster, even at only 50 watts. I have one, and it eats my 400 watt GK800RB for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Can't say enough good things about this amp. It's truly the holy grail of bass amplification, IMHO (and apparently in the opinion of Doug Pinnick, who touted it in an interview...which is what lead me to seek it out in the first place).

Worth keeping an eye out for one on Ebay. You won't be dissapointed in the tone. The bright channel is positively INSANE.