Vinyl Hoarders?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tom_Hamilton_fan, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Just got back from the record store and had to ask you all

what were the LAST 3 vinyl recordings you bought?

i just purchased:
    Aerosmith - Rock in a Hard Place
    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings
    Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!

i just got Framptom cause of all the jokes about it.

"Everyone in the world owns Frampton Comes Alive! If you lived in the suburbs it was issued to you in the mail with samples of Tide" - Wayne (Wayne's World)

"Cypress Hill steals my orchestra, and now Sonic Youth is in my esky. Hey, get out of there!"
    "Oh come on Mr. Frampton, you're not going to eat all this watermelon"
    -the Simpsons (not too sure about the exact lines, sorry).
  2. yeah yeah...frampton jokes...i love that album's awesome...

I dunno. Last three vinyls?...hmm

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
    The Beatles - White Album (Original)
    Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden and Billy Higgins - Rejoicing
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I don't buy vinyl anymore; why should I when friends keep unloading their collections on me?
    I had a cd player when the 2nd Generation machines came out(a 'decent' player ran about $400-$500). At that time, I was still buying LPs; I bought cds of the Classical stuff I liked(loved the fact I didn't have to get up & flip the record over when listening to symphonies)...I couldn't justify buying any Rock, Funk, or Jazz when LPs were still avaialble at 1/2 the price. Anyway, that was then... ;)

BTW, I did stumble onto a site that still sells a lotta vinyl(& some OOP stuff)...& pretty reasonable, too-
    I saw a copy of Miles' Water Babies on vinyl for about $10. Here's the URL-

They had some Dennis Coffey, too(NOT the ones I wanted, though!).
  4. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I still get vinyl here and there. I think my last 3 were:
    The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie (a MINT condition copy w/o liner sleeve for $1)
    something by The B-52s
    Hot Tuna Live

Prince's 1999 comes in close, and I also replaced my copy of Uriah Heep Live 1973.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I haven't bought new vinyl in years. I do go to estate and yard sales. Pretty funny someo the stuff I find, like Mandrill's first album among a collection that included Neil Diamond, Manilow, etc.
  6. squarepusher - budakhan mindphone
    squarepusher - untitled (the new single)
    operation ivy - energy
  7. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I bought a Patitucci album that had chick corea on it...

I bought a Metheny album w/ mark egan on it...

A tower of power album

I regularly go to a record store that will take back records that skip or that have scratches. They are a little more expensive than normal used record stores (records start at $4, most are around $8-12,) but most of the records they have are in perfect condition: no smudges, scratches, skips, torn sleeves...
  8. The one i shop at has stuff in great condition and generally sells between $3.50 to $6 Canadian...
  9. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    i have 1 record.......the clash....cut the crap

nothing compared to my mum's collection of black sabbath vinyl, she is now a big hearsay highway fan
  10. Nope can't remember - it was over 9 years ago. However, I still play some of it - last album on the turntable is La Gazza Madre (The Thieving Magpie) by Marillion!

It's funny I've goofed a few times going from album to 12" single and getting the speed wrong!!! Sometimes stuff does sound like the Smurfs!:D