1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Virgin

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nanook, Apr 20, 2002.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I'm here to admit that in 35 years of bass playing I have never used any effects. Don't have anything against them, just never used them.

That's about to change. I know this is an old question but for my needs, mostly classic type rock, what should I get?

I'm leaning towards one of the processor type units in the $200 to $300 range. A couple of individual units and a wah might be better????

2. For ease of use alone, single effects might be better. Flipping through patches live isn't exactly fun.

A good overdrive/distortion pedal might be a good way to start, they can fatten up the sound if used moderatly, or get a fuzz and the songs gets like twice as heavy as it was!

A wah is cool if you wanna do solos and such, but takes a little more time to *get down* then other pedals. Autowahs *or envolope filters* may be a safer, more versitile bet. Plus they're loads of fun, and sound damn cool.