Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Virgin

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nanook, Apr 20, 2002.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I'm here to admit that in 35 years of bass playing I have never used any effects. Don't have anything against them, just never used them.

That's about to change. I know this is an old question but for my needs, mostly classic type rock, what should I get?

I'm leaning towards one of the processor type units in the $200 to $300 range. A couple of individual units and a wah might be better????

2. For ease of use alone, single effects might be better. Flipping through patches live isn't exactly fun.

A good overdrive/distortion pedal might be a good way to start, they can fatten up the sound if used moderatly, or get a fuzz and the songs gets like twice as heavy as it was!

A wah is cool if you wanna do solos and such, but takes a little more time to *get down* then other pedals. Autowahs *or envolope filters* may be a safer, more versitile bet. Plus they're loads of fun, and sound damn cool.