Virginia Beach informal garage GTG?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by neurotictim, Jul 7, 2008.

1. So now that I've gotten my personal business together, I'm jonesin' to hang out with some fellow bass players for a lil jam...

Not a formal GTG (I gotta get with some people first) but a "come on over to the new house, hang out in the garage and jam w/some frosty beverages" type-thing.

I dunno, I'm sort of plateauing on the creativity and would like to hang out with some of you cats, maybe get our collective jam on... especially since the band imploded, my creative juices are fermenting... :bag:

Anyway, anyone interested in something like that?

2. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Yep, you name the night or the weekend, I'll supplement the beer supply

I'll PM the digits if you lost 'em

3. Thanks.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Garage GTG is about my speed. I'll ask my wife if its okay. And if its a Saturday, I have to be home by 11 PM 'cuz that's "get busy with Mrs. Zooberwerx" time....once a week....whether I want to or not.

Riis

5. Headed out to Knucklehead's tonight to watch a couple of friends compete in the karaoke contest finals...

Anyone else wanna go?

EDIT: starts at 8 o'clock at Knucklehead's, Witchduck Dr across from the Harley dealership. No crappy singers here, this is the finals.

6. John (VBsurfer) is coming out to the house tonight to jam, all are welcome to come as well. I'll check in here in an hour or so, and send anyone interested my #.

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Can't make it tonight. HVAC guys just left and I have to clean up some of the mess. My next two custom builds now say "Carrier" on them, one outside...one in the attic.

Riis

8. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    A good time was had by all :cool: There will be repeats! Both Tim & I will be up at the SMV show at Wolftrap, picnic on the lawn pre-show, all TB'ers welcome to participate and join in BYOB :D

Thanks Tim for offering up your new place!

9. Any time. Having some friends over tomorrow evening, if anyone's interested. Nothing solid yet, but a couple of guitar folk, a couple of my bass students, maybe more, maybe less.

*John, I'll give you a call if you're up for it.*

10. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Cool, I'll see what's on the agenda, what time are you starting?

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I had some good times at Fort Story , wish I could make it !

12. Well, ultimately just a couple of my friends/students showed up, and we got a visit from the cops... at 8:30 or so. Turns out the acoustic guitar I was playing was just too much noise for my neighbors. :eyebrow:

The cop walked up just as I was opening my first beer, said, "How's it going guys? You playing some music, hanging out?" I said yes, and he asked me to play something... So I hacked something out on the acoustic. The cop goes, "That's all the noise you've made tonight?" To which I responded with a yes, and he shook his head.

:/

So next time, it's either a different place or inside with the volume tightly in check.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021