Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Virtual Bass = Getting Closer

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Mar 7, 2001.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    ho!

decided on the body style.

layed out the control cavity and figured out how to route the wires from the piezo saddles so they don't show.

all screws will have brass inserts.

waiting for my neck to arrive...really want to do something unique with the neck pocket...we'll see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I am loving this project. Keep up the AMAZING work you are doing!

FF

3. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    steamboat,

thanks for the link.

i had been thinking about alternative fastening approaches.

even similar to the NS concept.

fred

4. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

Fred,

This is really coming along nice! :) My only comment from looking at the control layout is that the one knob you're showing seems like it might be awkwardly situated so close to the bridge and the edge of the bass. Just an observation.

Of course, you WILL be shipping this to everyone on TB when it's finished so we all get a chance to see how it turned out. Right? :D:D:D:D:D:D

-Red

5. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    red_rhino said:

>This is really coming along nice!

thanks!

>My only comment from looking at the control layout is that the one knob you're showing seems like it might be awkwardly situated so close to the bridge and the edge of the bass. Just an observation.

well, i was stealing the volume location concept from the Rob Allen MB-2.

positions are still in flux of course.

>Of course, you WILL be shipping this to everyone on TB when it's finished so we all get a chance to see how it turned out. Right?

hmmm...well, Brad Johnson is already slated as a tester for serial #002.

once i go CNC (horrors!!!), BASSES ALL AROUND!!!

i've been petitioning various bass builders with my 3D CAD approach...never got any takers...don't know why i didn't think of doing my own before!

-Red

fred