Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Virtual Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Here's a website where you can play a bass guitar. It could serve as a good instructional tool, or a place to practice theory/scales.

http://www.grandjoke.com/vb.html

Probably the best virtual bass guitar I've found yet.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    There are more than one?

3. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I'm not sure how useful that will be to my playing, but that is pretty nifty. Sounds like a fretless.

4. Yeah, the fretless sound was the first thing that I noticed. And then I noticed the color coding of frets, so you can pick a note and see every place it also exists up the neck on all the strings.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's got some cool tone... I played NIB by Sabbath on it... not up to tempo though. I can play Black Sabbath at full speed though. ;)

6. I don't know guys. sounds more like a piano or keyboard to me :(

7. I agree with you , it could serve as a instructional tool . I think i'm gonna use it a lot.

8. Sounds like a mix of the two. Different registers have a noticeable difference in timbre.

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Bass guitar -> Basses

10. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Haha thats pretty cool. its got a mwah on some of the high notes..

11. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I saved it off the site if anyone wants a copy. That way you don't have to hit the web and download it every time.