Virus: Check out these new pictures of us on MySpace!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 6, 2006.

1. "freshmeat1989: should i put these pictures of us on myspace or facebook?"

Dammit guys! So, I'm sitting here and I get an IM from the only person that would have pictures of me pretty much, my sister, which says "Check out these new pictures of us on MySpace." or something like that. So, like a moron I click on it, I actually click "Run" and it automatically sends it to everyone on my buddy list, and I automatically know I'm a moron. So now my computer makes funny clicking sounds, I have a bunch of popups, and it always shuts down Internet Explorer when I'm right in the middle of doing something (which is why I posted this in segments). Also, and I don't know if it could do this or not, my AIM (which is what this was on) password got changed! I already ran Microsoft Anti-Spyware and cleaned all that up best I could, and I'm about to run Norton Anti-Virus, but does anyone have any tips on how to completely remove this? Is it even a virus or what? How serious is it?

Thanks a lot guys, and heads up!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Edit: Just read how you had to post in parts.
  3. i think i've heard of a virus being able to do that, especially on myspace. there's a new virus now that totally screws your computer over if you just LOOK at the image or pop-up, email or not. you'll probly have to take it in to the shop, i have no idea how you'd be able to fix it yourself. and the virus probly wont let you run norton anti-virus cause the computers' so screwed up
  4. We just had a nasty one, try a root kit detector.
  5. MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    My advice: (do at your own risk)

-Restart in safe mode
    -Go to 'search' in the start menu
    -Search for files which were created and modified on the date in which you got the virus
    -Delete the new files that were created

The only problem is that if any core system files were altered, deleting them could screw it up more. So as I said before, do it at your own risk, and only delete the newly created files and not system files
  6. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Here's some info:

This looks like how to remove it
  7. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    The file extension wasn't .com was it? I've had friends get infected with similar viri, and they were always .com file extensions. Luckily, I'm smart enough to know better than to click on it.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan