1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Visionary or Dragonfly

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baddarryl, Apr 21, 2009.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all. I tried a few MK basses yesterday at the local shop and went online to compare prices. For the record the local shop beat almost everything online.

I was able to demo several Dragonfly's and a 5 string model something HB or whatever which was used, mint, and for $350. Need to verify the model. I was not able to demo a Visionary. I obviously like the look of the Dragonfly's but am curious about the Visionary. I am sure they are good players, but which is the better instrument as the construction methods are different with the Visionaries having the adjustable necks? . Which would you prefer based on quality and playability and not looks? I like the idea of graphite rods and better bracing in the Visionaries and I am pretty sure the Dragonfly's have that too. I mean if the Visionaries play just as well and are as good why not get one for $200 less? Can anyone help me out.

2. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Ok found out the usused one was a Phoenix 5 String. Model PHX5NA. Unable to find out much about them online. Anyone have one? Do they have the same graphite in the necks? Discontinued, rare, what? Thanks. I liked the way it played and sounded. I might buy it, but want to be sure they are quality. Thanks.