Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Visions on what P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basmeisje, Jul 11, 2004.

1. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    Hi,

in a few month, after little saving, i want to buy a Percision. But I have a few options, so....
    Right now there is a vintage ''74 for sale at 1000 euro's, same a highway 1 which is my second option. The ''74 is a bit beaten up and very used but still sounds great.
    Besides the Highway1 I'm thinking about the American series (1300 euro's) or save some longer and go for the ''62 reissue (1800 euro's). Which adds a lot of Jamerson feel of course so...
    Well curious to your visions and experiences, thanks in advance,

BottomBassGirl Yvette

2. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    It's not that easy since sound is a difficult thing and would be possible to compare if I had them in one store, but that's not the case, so it's hard to objectively compare...

BottomBassGirl Yvette

3. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    It has a refinnish and is somewhere between Daphne blue and sonic blue, and the body is vintaged after refinnishing...

4. Acephalous

Acephalous

Jul 10, 2004
    Paris
    Fender are so expensive in Europe... :rolleyes:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

$1115.00 American.

Im pretty sure that translates to a nice price in Euros and Im positive this bass will play better than any Fender. Ive tried plenty of Fenders and my Velenti destroyed them in comparison tests.