1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Visit to the Cincinnati Bass Cellar

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by csrund, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Many of you are familiar with the long history of bass luthiers in the Cincinnati area. My last visit was to the renowned Bass Viol Shop at 14th and Elm Street, across the from Symphony Hall (now occupied by a violin shop) more than 20 years ago.

I was in the area Saturday and was able to visit the guys at Cincinnati Bass Cellar to pay a bill and drool over a room of cool instruments. These guys are carrying on the bass making, repairing, buying and selling tradition, along with Nick Lloyd, who also has a shop in Cincy.

Not much eye candy, but I thought I'd share a couple of iPhone snaps of the bass room. Several major surgeries were in progress in the adjacent shop, but no pics to share of those.

Thanks to Andy Stetson and the rest of the crew at CBC for allowing me to hang around the shop and play some fine basses.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah there great guys over there! Have treated me real well!!

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    They are tops!