1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Visiting Elrick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gnome, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Gnome

Gnome

Jul 27, 2006
    Mexico City, MX
    I'm going to Chicago for Christmas, and I understand that's where Rob Elrick makes his basses. Does he take visits to his workshop like the Fodera guys, or is there anywhere you'd recommend to see lots of these in Chicago?

Thanks, Gnome.

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    :rollno:
    To my knowledge, Rob Elrick hasn't been receptive to visitors, though I've heard of one or two who have been to his factory. Unfortunately, I believe there may only be one Elrick dealer in the entire city, and that's Bass Club Chicago.

His basses are fantastic basses, but way, way underrepresented in his own home town!

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    He usually goes on vacation in Demember, I believe. Bryan might now. ;)

I was going to try to visit him last summer, but didn't get the chance. I think it would be easier to win a Golden Ticket from a Wonka Chocolate Bar. :)

4. I talked to him about this and he said he didn't give tours. I guess I wouldn't want people poking around my office either.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He also works on just a bass or two at a time for the most part, so there probably wouldn't be much to see :D

C-5KO's reference is right on point with me- I've always thought of him as the Willy Wonka of the bass world. He's a really nice guy once you get talking with him, but for the longest time it was impossible to get ahold of him in any fashion.