Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Visiting Nashville. Good Shops?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoyBase, Nov 19, 2004.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I'm going to Nashville for Thanksgiving weekend and plan on going to Gibson and Grunes (SP). Are there any other good music shops I should check out while i'm there? I'm going to be staying down near Vandy/West End if that helps.

Thanks!
    Tommy

2. check out corner music

3. It's spelled "Gruhn" and it's a fun place. If I won the lottery, that's definately one place I'd go.

Rock Block is kinda small but OK, Chambers doesn't seem to list a lot of bass stuff.

For really used stuff, Broadway Music Consignments or Nashville Used Music....

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Ha! I knew I spelled it wrong! Gruhns Guitars is a cool shop. I went there back when my sister was in school about 10 years ago. I remember this 50's strat they had that looked like it had been dragged behind a truck with a pricetag of $15000

Thanks for all the info!

5. www.gruhn.com

Click on the inventory button

They've got a Gretch guitar for $80,000....

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    When I lived much closer to Nashville, I loved going to Rock Block Guitars and Corner Music. Nashville is a great place to check out high end and exotic basses. Afterall, many big time studio and touring musicians work out of Nashville, and the stores cater to them. It was also an inspiration just to hang out in a shop and listen to players play. In Nashville, you can be a pretty accomplished player and feel like a raw beginner after listening to the folks who come through the stores. :bassist: