1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

visual kei bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Masashi is God, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Masashi is God

Masashi is God

Nov 13, 2011
  2. ficsci

ficsci

Sep 3, 2012
    Tokyo
    oh hey I'm a vk fan too haha

I don't really know Versailles stuff, but I agree that on average VK scene has a disproportionate amount of interesting bass going on. I have this sense that people who are into the scene have less tendency to think "oh that member is just the bassist, hence belongs in the background/wouldn't be doing interesting stuff." Maybe it has something to do with the VK mentality that "every member in the band is important/interesting!" lol. And also partly because it seems that technical guitar/bass music is still pretty darn popular in Japan (at least compared to in US).

I think cali≠gari's bassist (Kenjirou Murai) is total boss. (He's actually one of those shiny pants-wearing metal dudes X'D The image is kinda comparable to his playing style: so gaudy... yet so good)

The bands that Shingo has been in aren't super-popular, and his styles aren't super technical/showy. But as a player, I think he has a really spot-on feel.