1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Visual volume vv10 into Korg G5 EXP IN?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FbassDave, Mar 29, 2009.

1. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    I've got a vv10 (the one with the lights up the side) on hold and it's a great deal, but my intention is to use it as an expression pedal for my korg G5 - I've read through all the threads concerning the G5 and volume pedals, but I'm not sure if the vv10 will work in the same way that other volume pedals will. Will the fact that it's "active" be a problem? Anyone tried it with an EXP IN on a pedal before?

2. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    Aw... No one? :(

3. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    Really? No one has tried this?

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Volume and expression pedals are wired differently. You can't use one instead of the other.

5. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    Thanks for the response, Jazz Ad. The reason why I ask is because I've read a few threads about alternatives to the expression pedals listed in the G5 manual, where people have said that you can use volume pedals and have had success with Ernie Ball and Korg variations. It would seem that the pot is the deciding factor - given that the Visual Volume offers an LED readout showing where you're at below or under the halfway point of the pot's travel, it just made sense that this pedal would be a useful method of controlling the sweep of the G5....

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Yes you can just use a volume pedal on the G5 (actually the manual recommends two Korg volume pedals, and I used a KVP-002 myself) but I've no idea what impedance the pot is inside a KVP-001, sorry.