Viva Jay Sherman, Viva Quebec!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Anyone besides me love the TV series, "The Critic." The whole series is available on DVD. I think it's funnier than the Simpsons (sometimes... :smug: ) and scarier yet, Jon Lovitz(sp?) does the voice of Jay Sherman. This is the only thing Jon's ever done that is considered funny, buy it just to prove that it can be done.

The Father (my new avatar) is probably the funniest cartoon ever. I love it when he's sitting on a park bench holding up a glass of booze and it gets shot out of hand, he's shocked for a second than says, "Not to worry" then holds up his other hand with a glass of booze in it. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: suPah fuN-E!
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I guess I'm alone on this one. :emo:
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Take that! birth of man!
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    ...I'm off like a prom dress...
  5. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Hey, I like this show! They used to show it late at night on Comedy Central but they're either not doing it anymore or they changed the time and it's on way too late now so I never see it. I was so bummed when Fox cancelled it umpteen years ago.
  6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Were the bears who sing for Duke, doo da doo da, where the bears who sing for duke, doo da doo da, drink and mutch until we puke, do da doo da dayy.......hicp-up!

i love that show
  7. It was my favorite, before Southpark and Dilbert.
  8. I remember watching it with my cousin's old boyfriend Frank. We would get left over chinese food and stay up until 2:30 AM for that. That'd ruled. I still love that show.
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I love The Critic. I think its way better than The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, etc...

Jay's mother (Eleanor): You know, Jay, your father is conducting a little experiment of his own. Maybe you two could work together.
    Jay:'s the point of this experiment?
    Franklin: I've inventied the first Fishmo-baby-whirl-a-ma-gig.
    Jay: Oh.

Eleanor: I just hope he's not the one to take our baby girl away from us.
    Franklin: Well, he won't get the silverware. I've glued that to the ceiling.
    Jay: Look, I understand the silverware....but why the dog?
    Franklin: You understand the silverware?
  10. I have the DVD set too.

"Hey look she's drinkin' a beer"

"I dear say, his nose is as big as my foot on this tv."
  11. I love that show, bring back fond memories of cheap beer, egg rolls, and neon bongs.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "I'm sorry, the test audiences just though you weren't as cute and fuzzy as Hitler."
  13. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Jay Sherman: Don't worry son, if you think that only handsome musicians can get beautiful women, I have two words for you: Lyle Lovett.
    Marty Sherman: I thought that he was handsome.
    Jay Sherman: You're thinking of Jon Lovitz. With his good looks, he takes the cake.

Jay Sherman: Lady, don't take this the wrong way, but you're nuts!
    Old Lady: Oh, you sound just like the toaster.

Jay Sherman: Mom. Dad. I never made you laugh.
    Franklin: Well, I did chuckle a bit when you tried to eat that bird and fell over the cliff.
    Eleanor: No Franklin, that was the Roadrunner.
    Jay Sherman: No, that was me.
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Anouncer: Jay Sherman has been running for 13 hours now, which is ironic, since it only takes nine hours to walk the marathon route.

Mother: Here's Jay trying out for the track team.
    *Cue Jay running*
    Mother: That's not in slow motion.
    Reporter: The's...hypnotic.
    Mother: You're not supposed to look directly at it.

Jay: My self-delusion mojo is BACK!
  15. Franklin addressing fake penguins at the museum:

Gentlemen, I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called you to this board meeting...
  16. Dancehallcrasher! Maybe I have just been looking at the wrong threads but I haven't see a post by you in a long time. (you may not remember me, if it helps I like Talena :D )
  17. Jay:Hello, I need 500 tlab rats please.
    Scientist:You're not going to eat them, are you?
    Jay:No, I'm going to use them for scientific reasons. Then I'm going to eat them.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It sucks.

Actually I love the show. I just wanted to be a little more like Jay.
  19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    geraldo: "so, franklin, i heard that you can say your name backwards."
    franklin: "nilk narf!"
    geraldo: "what's your favorite food?"
    franklin: "nilk narf!"