Viva La Bam

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    For me to poop on!

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I don't think so. It is one of the worst, "totally scripted" shows I've ever seen. The delivery of their lines is totally weak and fake.

That, and they played the album version of the Clutch song, "Mob Goes Wild", that Clutch played "live" on the show. Totally weak.
  4. I hardly find it the best show.

Exploitation of family for "entertainment".
    A bunch of unappreciative goons being handed expensive gifts and blowing tons of money to build and destroy all in the name of "entertainment". No respect, Bam's a twit, and his cohorts are retarded.

And now Bam's Dad is on celebrity fit club. Since WHEN is he celebrity? For being beat on by his disrespectful son in front of a camera? Wow.

At least he's benefitting from it.
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    They get paid a lot of money to take the abuse. Its not like bam is destroying THEIR stuff... he bought everything they have. they were trailer trash..
  6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Some of it's funny. I liked the bit where they dug a pit trap in their backyard and the dad drove the lawnmower into it.
  7. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    That makes them whores then.

They still are. Money doesn't buy class.

Seriously - who the hell names their kid "Bam" anyway?
  8. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Did you catch that episode where that rival skater sided with Don Vito and Bam demolished the guy's house? That has got to have been set up, or he would've been facing a lawsuit or worse.

I admit, I liked the first season, but after that, the show is just stupid now. They're doing stuff that's just incredibly fake, and Bam's bad treatment of his parents seemed to have increased to a rediculous level.

9. See, well that was a bit funny, since it was small-scale, and relatively harmless...tho Jackass was hardly better than this show.

But I saw a recent episode where they steal an old sail-ship, and fire a canon at a little beach bungalo before the inbred jabbering uncle Vito can get to it...the "cabana" or whatever it is EXPLODED! Since when does a ramshackle hut explode in a fireball when hit with what is the equivalent of a cast iron bowling ball?

Stupid, plain old stupid.
  10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I saw that too, and they were nearly shot at by the Coastguard :D
  11. i find don vito to be quite hillarious.

i know the show is scripted, but i just can't get over that guy.
  12. There you have it, the funniest thing on that show:

the Vito subtitles.
  13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    The show is scripted?
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I can see how it is really funny to a select audience. I checked it out a couple times since my son and I are skateboarders. We both decided to stop watching.

I realize the show is entertainment, and should not be viewed as teaching any moral lessons, but it just sent too many negative messages for me to be comfortable with.

15. How many people on celebrity fit club ARE actual celebrities? The show has to look for fat people on (or below) the D-List. There is no such thing as a fat A-List celebrity. Atleast, none that I can think of...
  16. Jackass was funny.

Viva La Bam is a weak spinoff. Everything revolves around his family. Jackass had more elaborate pranks that took place in public settings. My all time favorite was the Jackass movie when the guy took a squat on the toliet in the plumbing store. That was priceless.

Of course all the skits where Steve-o vomited were lame.

Thinking back I can't believe I liked that show so much but I have to admit, some of that stuff had me rolling.
  17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that was funny, but imo, the best stunt by far is when the guy went to a fast food place dressed up like a football player, then proceded to take the food from the drivethru window like he was taking a handoff. mind you it wasn't his food, he ran between the window and some other car, then he spiked the food.

it was great
  18. Yep, good one. I have one more.

Johnny Knoxville took some dog crap into a Chinese resturant and put it in his soup. He then called over the waitress and asked her what those big round things in his soup were. He had her smell them and asked if it was some kind of bean.

Finally the resturant owner asked to see the newspaper he had rolled up on the floor next to him. At that point they had to make a hasty retreat because the dog poo was hidden in the newspaper.

There are many more.

Oh I just remembered. A store had a sign out front that said "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service". Knoxville walked in wearing a shirt and some shoes but nothing else........
  19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, I never saw that, but I've thought about that. I tried to get my friend to do it, he did, but he was wearing boxers w/shirt and shoes.