1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VJ Rendano P/J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eekum, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    Hey there, I recently saw a VJ Rendano P/J bass for sale locally. The seller states that it is Korean made, from the late 70's/early 80's and is in really good shape for its age. I have never heard of this brand and the only information I can find online is that it appears to be a Cleveland wholesaler brand.

Its fire engine red, p style maple/maple neck, volume knob, tone knob, 3 way switch for pickups. String through bridge and appears to have some brass parts. I'm guessing that the body is plywood. I really dig the look of this thing.

The guys is asking for $90, but I am wondering if it is worth $90? Can anyone provide me any other information on this brand or the actual Korean maker of the bass? What would it compare to? Does anyone actually own one of these made in Korea and how do you like it? I would appreciate any help.

E87EF150-4237-40E7-869A-D0B54D77B46B.jpeg

Paco Leon likes this.
  2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Generic Korean bass probably made by Samick. Same bridge as Epi, Hondo, et al. Looks cool though.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  3. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have anything else to add?

4. filler83

filler83 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I saw this, too, browsing local ads. I was curious, too. Thanks for posting the question!

5. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    Nice! It’s a good looking bass.

6. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I know nothing about that bass, but barring major structural problems, am almost certain there's more than $90 of value there.

Dimensions look a little wonky to me, maybe it's 3/4 sized? Or it could just be the angle of photograph.

Eekum likes this.
  7. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Technically speaking, it's red and maple so your finger speed will increase.

8. 707GK

707GK

Jun 13, 2013
    California
    Fingerboard grain looks nice. For $90, if it plays good, I would do it!

9. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    Update! I bought it for $70!

10. Crunchy Growl

Crunchy Growl

Jan 31, 2018
    Nice Bass Great Deal!

Eekum likes this.