1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VM~Jag Rumor ---

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Sep 21, 2010.

1. I hear that a few VM-Jags got out with bound necks. :eek:

Anybody seen or own one?

Gads - if this is true there's a new collector's item out there. :hyper:

2. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    Interesting if true.

3. Yeah, ....Cliff.

INTERESTING Is a mild thought.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the recall of the pictures and specs and then the re-posting of them on sites for sale a few times?

4. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    where did you hear that? rumor?

5. A neighbor's son who works for Fender in Corona, CA.

6. I'll let you know when mine arrives. Maybe the bound neck Jags get shipped to Canada...I can only hope!

7. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    What is a bound neck?

8. panama

panama

May 26, 2009
    Detroit
    they have binding on them

9. That would be the ultimate cool.

Here's a bound neck:::

neck_with_binding4.jpg

10. Yeah except if it is true and they are rare, I won't want to play the damn thing in case it lowers the collector value.. :)

11. I now wish that I'd have saved those original specs and pixs of the Jag when I saw the first ads.

Somehow I vaguely remember them stating they were bound, then the pixs and specs were pulled and re-posted and that is just odd I think.

The VM-Js are bound - so I don't think it's such a big deal to go that way with the Jags too.

Perhaps - if they do exist, they might have gone to Fender employees or something like that if they only made a few of them by the time the mistake was discovered.

12. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Here you go.

38219_10150236962500447_207400005446_13814143_7719719_n.jpg

13. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i clearly remember all of the pics of the squier jag when they were first shown on the web and none of them had binding (and the specs copy made no mention of it being bound).

IMO, it appears that it's nothing but just that, a rumor (and wishful thinking ;)).

14. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    I think bound necks are ugly <insert appropriate shrug smiley>

15. panama

panama

May 26, 2009
    Detroit
    The binding pictured above doesn't have the little fret end nibs. Are those usually reserved for higher end instruments?

16. That's the pix that came out a little later - when the (possible) revisions came out and the ad was re-posted.

The statements that people made about the pix being Photoshopped, were the missing ones that I didn't save.

They showed the Jag with a bound neck I am almost positive - but I never thought it was a big deal because the VM-J, like I said - has a bound neck anyway and I just thought by extension that the Jag was gonna be the same, only reverse colors.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021