1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Voicebox type thing.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Whafrodamus


    Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I am trying to find more information of those voicebox voice synth things. I've seen Joe Perry use one in concert, and other people use them. It's when one plays their guitar and they talk into this tube and the sounds combine to form this trippy vocaly guitary sound. Does anyone know what I speak of?
  2. ga_edwards


    Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    There's also the Danelctro Freespeech, does the same things but might be a tad cheaper. I seem to remember some of the zoom boxes (3000s?) having a talkbox effect controlled from a microphone.
  3. lbanks


    Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Aren't those things associateded with throat cancer? (May be just an urban leagend.)
  4. Gregory Bruce Campbell

    Gregory Bruce Campbell

    Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    A lot of those units go between power source and speaker (after amp before cabinet)...

    But cannot exceed 100 watts...

    So for the longest time I could not even "try" it because I use a pretty hi wattage bass rig...

    Now I have a "talk box" with no messy tube....

    Just a mic and tons of routing options...

    its a Digitech talker

    I love it!