1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volleyball

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unrepresented, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I have enjoyed the sport of volleyball for many years but only in the last year or so have I started playing again after having taken a number of years off.

I am still not completely rust free, but it's something I'm passionate about, and am focused on improving.

That said, I'm given grief by friends regarding it as a legitimate sport. I'm usually given the benefit of the doubt when it's assumed that I'm a beach player, but when I explain that I strictly play indoor, I've am made to feel as if I've apparently crossed some sort of man line.

What say you, diverse and educated peoples of TB? Are there any other volleyball players here? Is it really thought of as a girl's sport? Is indoor play unacceptable?

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hey bro! Little help!

Flips mossimo visor backwards.

Set!

Your friends are right. ;)

3. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Hmmm.... we don't normally wear visors for indoor play because there's no real...
    oh.:meh:

4. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I rather like watching Beach Volleyball...mainly womans beach volleyball...

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm just bagging a little. If it's something you're passionate about then your real friends might heckle you, but will support you. Stop being so sensitive and do whatever the he'll you want.

6. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm not planning on quitting by any means, I'm mostly just trying to determine whether playing indoor volleyball is something that's appropriate for me to admit in mixed company or whether I should opt to closet myself.:ninja:

7. Nothing wrong with it at all. Can be a very tough sport to play. I have seen people gets arms broken from trying to save a spike. I have also seen a guy get knocked out from taking a spike to the head.

lowsound

8. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Enjoy it. I played vball for years until I shattered my wrist into 4 pieces. I miss it terribly. It's a sport that truly requires skill and teamwork to succeed. Plus, if they decide to rag on you for it, invite them to play on the other side of the net and give them a "tachikara tattoo" on the forehead :)