Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Voltage Stabilizers & Clean Power with Surge

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Char-Lee, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    I purchased the rig on my dreams, and lately my buddy has been telling me all about the Monster Cable Voltage Stabilizer and Clean Power Stage 2 unit that I must have. Has any one used these and can you tell me anything about them. They are so expensive but I'm wondering if they are totally worth it especially since I've spent the money on the rig I might as well have everything protected and make sure the incoming power is 100%. Let me know you feeling on these units and any reviews you might have read.

Thanks

2. IMHO a good surge protector would be all you would need (insurance against the odd high voltage spike). Hopefully your amp already has acceptableEMI/RFI filtering, but a good surge protector with some EMI/RFI filtering wouldn't hurt.

I don't see a need for much else though, unless you've got money to burn. You wouldn't hear any sonic improvement IMHO (unless there's EMI/RFI interference coming through...)