volum pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Feb 23, 2005.

1. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    i need a volum pedal, so i went to the local musci store and they had 2, one that was about 35$ and other that was 80$.

i dont remember the brasnd now, but what can be the difference between them?

also, what i use a multieffect pedal, such as a zoom 708 just as tuner and volum pedal?
  2. usually name brand.

sometimes name brand also means quality too. i got a rogue wah/volume, and it works very nicely, but the pots are pretty scratchy sometimes...its not hard to clean, so its not a problem.
    try them both out and see if there is an audable difference...if the 80 dollar pedal appears worth the extra 45 bucks, do it...otherwise there are a few volume pedals on TB as well, you can get for cheap...
  3. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    i csant order gear, i live in uruguay and taxes are expensive,

i want it cause i divided my signal, and i need it to cancel 1 of them
  4. I have an Ernie Ball mono volume pedal that works really, really great. The construction is second to none, durable metal construction, smooth but not too loose. Simple design. I'm sure that the $80ish one was from the Ernie Ball line of volume pedals. The cheaper pedal is probably made with plastic and may not be as durable. But I understand that cash can be very tight, so as far as the usefulness of each, volume pedals are pretty simple devices and both should do the duty, you just might get a longer life out of a tougher construction. I hope that this helps.