1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

volume/blend concentric pot.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. coffee-sipper


    Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Does anyone know if I can get a concentric pot that has a audio taper for one knob and a blend pot for the other?
  2. nonsqtr

    nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

    Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    My guess would be, "probably not". At least not off-the-shelf. The blend pot is a dual pot to begin with, so you're talking about a pot that has three sections, two of which are similar. That would be a tall order in most of the consumer catalogs. There may be some special pots like that in the consumer stereo world, but they'd be hard to purchase in a store. Your best bet might be to check the surplus electronics stores in your area. Or, if you're willing to pay for it, you could have one custom built. Or, if you're "really good with electronics", you could build one yourself, or modify an existing unit (it's actually fairly easy to take apart a pot, but putting it back together again is an esoteric art).
  3. David Wilson

    David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

    Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    they're out there, but I've never seen them available for sale aftermarket.

    Warwick have a master volume / blend pot with active/passive push pull on some of their basses. John East has a blend / mv pot on the J/U-Retro.