Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Volume knob loose...how can I fix?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flyingcowofdoom, Mar 2, 2001.

1. flyingcowofdoom

flyingcowofdoom

Nov 20, 2000
    NJ, USA
    The volume control knob on my Ibanez bass is loose. I took the back plate off of the bass, but I can't figure out how to tighten the knobs. Any help?? TIA!!

--FCOD

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    there should be a small screw or small allen wrench socket on the side of the knob, just tighten it down by turning it with the apropriate wrench.

if there is no allen wrench socket you have to slide a screw driver under it and just pop it off

3. DUDE!!

I have/had the same problem on the Ibanez EDC700 I recently won from guitartrader.com...The volume(1st pot) was loose in it`s recess/area.....
    Since it did`nt affect the playablility of my bass I did`nt trip on it.My dad came down this evening to hear me play a few tunes....he saw it was loose and pulled the top off and (by hand) tightened the nut underneath the pot and now it is tight as an 18 yr old! lol

Sorry,I can`t describe how he did it....I think the top of the pot comes/pulls off.....to reveal the the nut beneath.I only know he tightened it by hand and it is now as tight as the others....
    Hope this helps!

Usul