1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume of V4BH Compared to SVT350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greeningep, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Right now I am using an Ampeg SVT-350H through and SVT-410HLF cab. I love this setup and it works very well for me, but recently I have began to wonder about the V-4BH. I have been wanting an all tube head for a while and I was wondering how the volume levels of these two heads compare when plaing them through the 410HLF. What about the 610HLF? I did a search but I couldn't find a definite answer, so I'm just looking for some opinions. I'm really not looking for other recommendations or anything. I'm set on Ampeg and if the V-4BH won't cut it then some day I will have to get the SVT-CL. Thanks. Oh and I have heard how great the vintage V4's are but I'm really not interested in those. I'm talking about the new model.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    The V-4BH will get much louder than the SVT 350 mainly because of the power tube distortion the V-4BH puts out. The power tubes will give you a very growly tone at higher volumes.

3. Gothax

Gothax

Apr 22, 2006
    Heerlen, Netherlands
    Endorsing Artist: Jim Dunlop strings
    I run the V4BH through two Ashdown 410 cabs. It's loud! Louder than a Glockenklang Heartrock pushed to its max @ 8 ohm (400watts) through 1 Peavey TVX410 cab

It's not really comparing, as the Glock is being pushed through an 410 cab, but hey, you get my drift ;)

4. Hey Gothax, how quick does your V4BH starts overdriving?