1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume pedal, need some suggestions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dark Barn, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm looking for a volume pedal that lets through no signal at all in heel down, and preferably doesn't affect tone across the entire audio range. I'd be using it to operate swells from an always on tabletop drone synth which will be run through my bass rig. I want to be able to blend it all the way out rather than turn it off/on by hand. I have almost no experience with volume pedals but I gather that some let a little signal through when in heel down.

Also other recommendations are welcome if you know of a mixer or blender that allows hands free exp pedal operation and can blend a channel out entirely.

2. AllFourths

AllFourths

Mar 23, 2012
    George Dennis makes the best volume pedals around. Perfect tracking, great arc, no noise when heeled, totally transparent, no tone suck. Perfect pedals.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    I always preferred Morley volume pedals (which are opto based like the George Dennis mentioned above).

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021