1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume Pedal Questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Melowshipslinky, Apr 10, 2009.

  1. Melowshipslinky


    Apr 10, 2009
    I'm looking to add a volume pedal to my bass rig. Here's my setup:
    Bass 1 (Active 9V) > Channel A on EBS Microbass II
    Bass 2 (Active 9V) > Channel B on EBS Microbass II
    EBS Microbass II > GK 1001RB
    Danelectro Cool Cat > Effects Loop on Microbass

    So, I have two questions:
    1) Where in my setup should I run the volume pedal? My thought was to run the basses into a stereo VP and the VP into both channels on the EBS. Would it be better to run a mono VP on the effects loop on either the EBS or the GK, or in line between the EBS and the GK?

    2) Is there a brand that is particularly well suited to bass? I am considering three models, largely because I can get them at a significant discount: Crybaby High Gain (mono), Ernie Ball 25k (stereo) (I know about the sting breakage issue), Visual Volume (stereo). If, however, there is a different brand that is better suited to bass, I'll shell out the extra cash.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.