1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume Pedal Recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lakedmb, Sep 27, 2010.

1. I'm looking for a good volume pedal that I can use with a Lovetone Meatball. I saw on another site that it a passive volume pedal is recommended.

So now for the dumb question...

Can I use an active bass with a passive pedal? Is it best to use a passive bass instead?

I have looked at the Ernie Ball Jr. pedal, but if there are any better choices out there please let me know.

Thanks!

2. bassix

bassix

May 1, 2000
    Denver, Colorado
    I Love my new Dunlop volume pedal! Same price as the Ernie Ball, great sounding, but on string to break. Can't recommend highly enough!

3. McSpunckle

McSpunckle

Feb 15, 2008
    EB makes one for active basses that uses a 25K pot, but is otherwise the same. If the signal is coming right from a buffer or preamp, it's best to use a smaller value pot.

Lovetone seems to recommend the Bespeco VM18L, which is a 20K volume pedal for keyboards-- so the 25K EB would fit the bill better than the ones made for passive instruments.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021