Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Volume pedal suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Aug 12, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I am considering getting a nice volume pedal to boost my signal when needed and to do some nice swells (right now I use the volume knob on my bass, but I basically have to "tap" notes to swell so my right hand is free). I have been considering the Ernie Ball mono volume pedal, but I am open to other ideas or good suggestions as the EB is fairly expensive. I play fairly "hot" basses (L2000 and soon a Stingray) and I want one that sounds good with their signals.
    Also does anyone have the dimensions of the EB pedal? I can't find them and I want to make sure that if it is what i go with, that it will fit on my pedalboard (I need it to be close to or smaller than the 105Q wah). Are there any good ones out there that are reliable and don't color the sound?

-KB

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    check out the Visaul Volume pedal.Im not sure their still around but one of the better ones out there,and Morley has one.

3. Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I agree about the Visual. They aren't being made anymore but sometimes you can find them on Ebay.

brad cook

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I bought a George Dennis Volume - it's one of the cheapest around, but I never had any problems with it, sturdy and reliable.