Volume pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by opivy3056, Jan 2, 2005.

1. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Hey everyone
    I've been looking at some volume pedals on the net and stuff. I was just curious if any one will work, or if they are tailored specifically for guitar or bass....even though I dont know why they would be. Which have you experimented with? Which has the smoothest transition of volumes and is built well enough to handle the road?

thanks for your help
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, get a morely if you can find it. Those things are built like tanks. The Boss one is nice, but very pricey for an all-plastic pedal. Guitar or bass doesn't matter too much as there are no loading capactiors or any other effect running in a volume pedal. The way I like to run a volume pedal is on an effects loop which basically puts it between the preamp and poweramp section of an amp (if the amp is wired this way), thus not changing the intensity of the effects, but only changing the volume.
  3. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Ernie Ball Mono Volume, either the normal or the "short" version. Choice of taper, built like a tank, easy to repair should it ever be necessary, and a tuner output.
  4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    The EB has a more musical taper than the Morley. I've had both.
  5. My Digitech Bp80 has a function to where one can change the volume via the expression pedal. however i am concerned about the construction. it seems if you drop it once or twice it may get fubar.