1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the blast, Oct 27, 2009.

1. the blast

the blast

Jan 6, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Which volume pedal would you guys recommend & why? I'm thinking of the Ernie Ball 6166, the VP Jr. or the Morley Little Alligator? Thanks guys & looking forward to some help...
    -john

2. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
  3. I've used Ernie Ball, the Little Alligator and Morley's new Optical Volume.

I preferred the optical volume, it has a taper that I like. The little alligator seemed to squeezed most of the volume change in the last quarter inch of the rotation.

The advantage of the Ernie Ball is that it is passive (no battery needed) but I found that it died quickly (the string that adjusted the pot would often break or stretch). Morley's volume pedals all use an optical pot, so no strings to break or stretch.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    why are morley stomps so huge?

5. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    I like the taper of the new Visual Volume. I used to think the lights were kind of gimmicky but they actually have come in handy a couple times.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

remember you have to match the pot to the active/passive of a pot based pedal.

7. IIRC, it's the same circuit board in every single pedal so they can just put certain parts on the board to make different pedals. That's why it's so big. Yes, the PCB really does fill that footprint!

8. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    +1 In active mode, it's a great volume! (In passive mode, it sucks!)