Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Volume Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superphat, Feb 7, 2002.

1. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i'm shopping for a volume pedal, and i'm wondering if a lot of the morley and Ernie Ball pedals aren't optimized for guitars? i guess i should check the manufacturer's specs on frequency range, but are there any bass-specific volume pedals out there?

2. The Ernie Ball Volume Pedals are just a volume pot controled by the pedal.

No difference between guitar, keyboard, or bass.

Visual Volume Pedals are nice too.

3. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    yup...
    donne, that's what i was suspecting.

Allodox,
    morley? i know they have a bass-wah, but i'm pretty sure their volume pedal is non-instrument-specific.

as for choosing a brand, the morley alligator seems nice with it's electro-optical circuitry, but then again, the ernie ball has a tuner out, and doesn't require a battery!
    hmmm.... the deciding factor may have to be price...

thanks guys.

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I like the Ernie Ball. Sturdy, and because it is open, you can get to the pot to spray cleaner in it without having to remove screws, etc.

5. Traded the Morley for a " George Dennis " GD95-N Phaser/Volume pedal today.

REAL nice pedal.. costs about $ 65, and has true bypass and parametric phaser :D

Made in Europe ! http://www.george-dennis.cz/

Also check out their most-excellent line of cabs, played with one today.. woah ! :eek:

6. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Can somebody list a link for these different volume pedals. All I've been able to find is the boss pedal.

7. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    just go to musiciansfriend.com or any of the other big online stores and do a search for "volume pedal" you'll get tons of results.

8. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Musician's Friend only lists the Boss and so do most other sites...I've checked...Other than the Morley wah/volume combo