Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Volume problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mhart, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mhart

mhart

Jan 19, 2003
    Daleville, Ala. USA
    I have a Roland DB700 combo that until recently has worked fine. On the last three gigs, I've had a problem with the volume cutting out..... it's does fine for about a set and1/2 and then it goes. It doesn't cut out completely, but there's a significant drop in the volume and I have to turn the master up to 9 or 10 to get the same output as when the setting was at 3 or 4. The sound is still clean - no crackling or distortion or "funky farting noises". Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Marcus Hart

2. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    A quick fix might just be spraying a little contact cleaner in there (Available at any electronics store) and swinging the pot back and forth a bunch of times through the trouble spot. If that doesn't clear it up you're going to have to check for a dying pot, or perhaps an arc in the signal chain somewhere?

Anyone else have a guess? I would be more sure it's a dirty pot if he had some crackling going along with it.