1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume + Wah in one: what are my options?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Johnny Mac, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I've been meaning to add a volume pedal to my board for a while now, and was looking at a Hotone Bass Press for its ability to also be used as a wah. After a recent footswitch failure on my Mooer Reecho Pro, and watching my friend's Joyo Ultimate Drive fail at a gig last night, I'm a bit wary of the build quality on these low-cost pedals (obviously neither pedal is a Hotone, but still).

I'm aware of the old Mutron volume/wah, but I'm told they're hard to find and expensive.

So, are there any other options? Smaller footprint is preferred, and I don't currently have a use for an expression pedal so it doesn't need to have that capability.

If I'm worrying too much about the build quality of the Hotone, feel free to tell me.

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I've got the Hotone and it seems solid enough. I don't know of any other contenders for volume and bass wah in one pedal except for the EBS wahs.

3. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Morley has a few, but not sure off the top of my head if any of the ones voiced for bass can pull double duty.