1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 not powering Xotic X-Blender

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RB!, Aug 19, 2019.

1. RB!

RB!

Apr 24, 2014
    Redwood City, CA
    Hello friends,

I recently purchased a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 for my board of 8 pedals. They're all standard 9V pedals and everything works, except for my Xotic X-Blender.

I've tried different power patch cables and every port on the Pedal Power, but nothing will power this pedal. I can power it using a One Spot, or daisy chained off of my Boss Tuner or One-Control looper.

Any ideas for why this is occurring? Thanks!

2. That's a real head-scratcher.

If the X-Blender works when daisy-chained from a Boss tuner, which I'm assuming is powered by this Voodoo Lab power supply, it really should work when powered by the same power supply. The Boss tuner out is just a parallel tap from the same power source.
    According to specs for the X-Blender on Xotic's site, it only draws 5mA for 9V, centre negative (all very standard).

If it were me (and I've been there), I'd go back to basics, unplug all other pedals, and isolate the issue by using the same VL port and 2.1mm-2.1mm power cable that makes the Boss tuner function correctly, to try to power the X-Blender on its own. If it doesn't power up and function correctly (with audio cables plugged into the IN, which may affect function - I'm just guessing), I'd then assume that the problem is with the X-Blender.
    Is it possible that the power jack on the X-Blender has an intermittent fault? I'd try moving the power cable connector in the power jack of the pedal while hooked up to the VL and moving it and the pedal around to see if the power comes on briefly.