1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 outputs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zane DeBord, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Zane DeBord

Zane DeBord Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Brubeck Institute
    Hey all, I have a PP2 Plus and was wondering if I could use the "L6" and "SAG" outputs to power my boss pedals, and what those labels actually mean. Thanks!

2. Yes, you can use any output on the PP2+ to power boss pedals. The labels mainly have to do with the function of the dip switches on the underside of the power supply. ACA corresponds to outputs 1-4, when the dip switch is set to normal each corresponding output will send a max of 100mA at 9V. When the dip switches are set away from normal each corresponding output will send a max of 60mA at 12.3V. This allows you to power Boss pedals that require ACA power supplies instead of the standard PSA type. L6 corresponds to outputs 5-6, when the dip switch is set to normal each corresponding output will send a max of 250mA at 9V. When the dip switch is set away from normal, the corresponding output will send a max of 50mA or 200mA at 14.5V or 12V (unregulated). This allows you to power Line 6 modelling pedals (With the included red barrel adapters), TC Electronic Nova pedals (With include black barrel adapters), and Eventide pedals (With NOT included current doubling Y-cable). SAG corresponds to outputs 7-8, when the dip switch is set to normal the outputs send a max of 100mA at 9V. When the dip switch is set away from normal the outputs a max of 100mA at 4V-9V. This allow you to simulate a dying battery, awesome for dirt pedals.

Here is a link to the manual so you can look at the details more in depth: http://www.voodoolab.com/manuals/pedal_power_2plus_manual.pdf

Zane DeBord likes this.