Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vote for what car to buy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Honda CRV

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Mazda 3 loaded

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Mazda Tribute

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Subaru something

34 vote(s)
    41.0%
  5. Toyota Rav4

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. Chrysler Pacifica

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

If you read my other thread, I am looking for a car for a friend. It's supposed to be under 20,000, preferrably auto transmission, and less than 40,000 miles or so. With your and a couple other recommendations, it's at:

1. Honda CRV
    2. Mazda 3 loaded
    2.1 Mazda Tribute
    3. Subaru something
    4. Toyota Rav4
    5. Chrysler Pacifica

Remember that the power, etc. don't really matter. It's for a girl who doesn't care and is upgrading from a 1998 Saturn.

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Cars are dumb, tell him to buy a bass!;)

3. Listing Mazdas without including the MX5? :eek:

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yes, indeed... the idealism of youth. So, do you plan on walking to your gigs, or will mommy and daddy take you there?

5. Beware and heed the winky!!!!!

6. nasaldischarges

nasaldischarges

Jun 11, 2005
    at wilson's hyundai and subaru we have hyundais and subarus

7. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I've had my Subaru for 2.5 years now with zero problems. The AWD is great for snow too.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mazda 3

9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I have a subaru impreza. it was the cheapest subaru the year I bought it--$19k. it has all wheel drive and fit:

1. 2 gig bags
    2. 1 passenger
    3. Aguilar GS410 cab
    4. Aguilar GS115 cab
    5. 6-space SKB rack

oh, and me, too! I love it. It moves out. The boxster engine is a joy to drive.

10. :eek:

Wow! that is so un-pc! :p Trust me, girls like power (I've been married to one over 25 years! :p )

So, does this chick need to haul a bass? (I mean a real bass :smug: ) I have had a Subaru for years and it is the most dependable, low maintenance car I have ever had. It is up to 199,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. Fold down the back seat and the doghouse is right at home. :)

11. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Is she comfortable enough with her sexuality to drive a Subaru?

My wife and I both enjoy driving our Subaru Forester even though it is #2 on car talk's list of lesbian vehicles. The #1 car was the Outback.

No real problems with the Forester except the brakes seem to need more regular maintenance than other cars we have had and the check engine light goes off for no reason and the dealer wants $80 to turn it off even though it is a bogus code or maybe you didn't screw your gas tank cap on hard enough.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/Gay-Lesbian/gay-chick2.html

12. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Go for the Mazda 3. A pocket rocket for sure. I want one. :hyper:

13. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    Mazda 3 has my vote.

14. mattsk42

Looks like Subaru. You don't hear much about them. Around here at least.

15. [​IMG]

:D

(Its my future ride, I hope...)

16. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I voted mazda 3. Those are sweet.

What about a used Jetta or Passat? VW's are really nice cars, and very popular amongst the ladies. Only draw back is they're gonna be moe expensive to repair than a Japanese or American car.

17. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    The mazda 3 is a great little car. Subaru's are great too, but because of the AWD, they get less MPG.

18. mattsk42

Yeah VW's are nice. But there's no place to get them fixed around here really. And they're harder to find as good of a deal as these others. Image means literally nothing to us as far as that goes.

19. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm seriously thinking about getting a 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T... Backing that sucker up to the gig, opening up the back-end, and unloading an NV215, NV425 and my SKB rack with the Big Daddy Aggie inside... What the heck! With that hemi under the hood, at least I can swiftly get to the gig... I'm still working on the wife for her approval with this ride... It's a toss-up between black, or 'chili pepper' red... :confused:

20. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    IMO... next to the 'Vette... best damn Chevy out of the '90s... Excellent choice! :D