1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vox Adio Air Bass - Has anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nunovsky, Nov 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Hi!
    In my eternal searches for new alternative equipment, I've found this Vox portable amplifier that seems ok to try as a practice amp either in the house or in the outside, and it even fuctions as an interface for recording.
    Has anyone tried one yet? I'm not expecting it to sound full but does it sound ok? Is it usable? Could it be used in a small gig, along with D.I. to the P.A.?
    Thanks!

2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

I don't know how much to expect from two 3" speakers for bass.

Nunovsky likes this.
  3. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Phil Jones makes good cabs with 5'' speakers. But your point is exactly why I'd like to know some input in advance before even think of getting one of these.

4. ddnidd1

True. Phil Jones does use 5" speakers. They are Proprietary, well constructed speakers for this specific purpose and design.

He also uses cabinets specifically designed around those 5" speakers.

Vox uses the same cabinet for its Guitar version.

Frankly, I think this amp is more of a novelty and for someone doing some part-time noodling in their bedroom, rather than anything you would take to Any type of a gig.

Nunovsky likes this.
  5. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Thanks! This conversation has led me into a diferent direction.
    I was looking for Phil Jones combos and the Phil Jones Double Four seems to be the perfect option for what I was looking for. A super portatile amp, well built and that can handle a small gig or practice with a not very loud drummer.
    It's bit more expensive but I think that it will be the best option.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. ddnidd1

I'm certain the difference in build quality and performance will be huge.

Nunovsky likes this.