1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vox AmPlug review

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stratovani, Apr 11, 2010.

1. OK, I'm not sure whether this should go in Amps, Effects, or even Miscellaneous! It could go in any one of them, but since I'm not sure, I'll stick this in Effects until otherwise notified.

Last Thursday night I went to my local GC and picked up a Vox AmPlug, on sale for $30.00. I got the AC30 model, which is probably the cleanest one for bass. I know I could have bought the bass model, but they didn't have any, and online they were $20 more expensive. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT! Sounds really good through a decent set of headphones, you can dial in any amount of distortion you want, and you can even connect your MP3 player to it and play along with your favorite tunes. Takes 2 AAA batteries; they say they should last for 14 hours, so we'll see. All in all it's a great private practice and rehearsal tool, and it's a lot more practical than blasting an 8x10 cabinet in an apartment, and it's a lot cheaper,too!

As a side benefit I tried playing my Strat through it. With the right amount of distortion dialed in, it's great for playing blues. As a matter of fact, I think I sound just like Eric Clapton on the Layla album! Very, very cool!

A word of warning, it's made of cheap plastic, so unless you've got the hands of an NFL lineman or a WWE wrestler, you've got to be gentle with it. I guess that's how they keep the price down!

2. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    I've got the bass version. Excellent as well

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I got a bass one yesterday for a nice price. Quite a lot of hiss, but sounds pretty good! I can see myself lying down in the garden jamming along to my iPod with this!

4. Fixed. ;)