1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vox Bass with no serial Number

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Token LCLF, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Token LCLF

Token LCLF

Oct 6, 2013
    OK so I have a VOX Bass and I can not find a serial number on it anywhere. I have had the neck taken off and have looked everywhere but I am unable to locate anything. On the back I did notice a chrome cover stamped Japan but not sure if that is the cover or if the bass was from the era coming out of Japan. I have some pictures but I am not computer savy enough to upload them. I can send them to someone to upload on here if that would help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    pic's help

3. Token LCLF

Token LCLF

Oct 6, 2013
    OK with a little research I figured out how to post pics so we will see if this works. These are 6 pics of my Bass I have owned this since 1990 and I bought it used. I have taken the neck off and looked everywhere for a serial number but cant find one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    upload them to photobucket or something similar to that or you can use the TB photo thing, but they have to be a specific size and you can only add like 2 at a time per post

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Sorry to tell you this but your bass was not made by or for Vox. It appears to be a Kawai from the late 60's early 70's in Japan.

TD