Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

vox cougar bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sonic3691, Jul 30, 2005.

1. sonic3691

sonic3691

Jul 30, 2005
    hello there i have recently braught a vox cougar bass guitar

it isn't in bad condition at all play's very well and is beautiful sounding.

hoever i require 2 pieces for it

a tone knob ....and the metal bridge cap which say's vox on it.

also as it has afew cracks on the body how much would it roughly cost to re-laquer

many thanks paul

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Leave the cracks in the finish...nothing really can be done except a complete strip and refinish. The finishes on these crack like glass.

Parts for Vox's are nearly non-existant...I just watch eBay for beater Vox's for parts.

3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    You might consider looking around for another Cougar bass. They weren't all that popular, so finding one to use as parts might be difficult.

Althought the Cougar was made in Italy, it was not made by EKO in Recantti, but rather Crucianelli who were another well known Italian guitar maker.

It you were to compare a Vox Cougar Bass made by Crucianelli side by side to a Vox Skybolt IV made by EKO, you can clearly see the differences in each manufacturers designs. And both instruments share the same basic body design.

TD