Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vox Westminster 1x18 Bass Cab

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by wwittman, Nov 16, 2004.

1. wwittman

wwittman

Apr 21, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Every year I get home from touring and stare at this Vox Westminster cab and wonder why i keep it; as I just never use it.

For those who don't know, the Westminster is the US Thomas Organ made 1 x 18 cabinet made for bass guitar.

I'm in the NY area (Westchester) and it's really too big and heavy to bother with shipping so pick-up or we might arrange for me to drive it to you...

It's also in rough cosmetic shape, as I've tried to show in the pictures.
    There is one major gouge in the centre front bottom wood. Nothing that affects structural integrity or sonics.

Speaker is fine and may or may not be original, I simply don't know and there are no markings... but it sounds fine. Deep and full.

It's been rewired at some point and the original Vox XLR speaker jack replaced with a standard 1/4" phone, using zip cord. This in fact makes it much more practical.

Structurally sound except for the damage at the front bottom and you can see that all the edges and corners are a bit roughed up; especially the bottom.

Handles and nameplate are intact.

Grill cloth in fairly good shape.

This clearly isn't for everyone but it definitely has a sound.
    I use Vox Foundation and Sovereign cabs in my live rig (toured all over the world with them).

so? interest?

2. wwittman

wwittman

Apr 21, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    more

3. wwittman

wwittman

Apr 21, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    NO one?

you're missing out!